- Air Conditioning, Heating, & Plumbing:
From past good experience, I highly recommend Edd Leigh Air Conditioning, Heating Plumbing. Call 210-590-4759. email email@example.com or visit www.edd-leigh.com.
- All purpose handyman:
This one will take your money. He is a 34 year old hispanic "handyman" named Eliseo Joel Huerta III DBA "The Guy". He drives a new white truck or a new BMW.
Joel Huerta will insist on money in advance for labor and materials. He did not deliver materials paid for or finish the project per signed contract.
What work he does do is so bad in some cases that you will need to hire a professional and have it redone. He is active in San Antonio and nearby counties.
He came here from Arizona. See for yourself with an online search. 2016
- Appliance repair:
I am happy that used Calvary Appliance repairman/owner, Martin Rodriguez, to repair my electric dryer.
He also repairs stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers and other appliances.
His prices were very reasonable and fair. His phone number is 294-1620.
- Arborist: Notice the snazzy haircut our live oak trees in the front yard just received? NH resident and Pool Friend, Kirk McCloud, and his tree services company, Alamo Tree Services, donated their time and hard work to help us out and demonstrate their talents. Got trees that need some sprucing up? Want a real pro? Call Kirk @ 363-1141.
Clem Spalding - 210-862-0843 - prior Northern Hills Pool President
- Arborist: I would like to recommend Faithful Tree Service to anyone in need of a professional arborist. The owner is James Hubbs and his # is 777-4488. His assistant is Janie and her # is 430-2159. They have done my brother's trees in Hollywood Park and my mother's and now mine here in Northern Hills. I found him to be honest, reasonable (get several bids though, good competition brings down his price) and he painted the oak tree limbs.
- Auto mechanic:C and C Auto Clinic located at 951 E. Bitters #200, Chris and Cynthia Graf. Phone 490-2764.
I recommend that you try their services. They live in Northern Hills and offer a discounton oil changes to NHHA residents. I made an appointment for 8am, arrived at 745 and was driving again by 815am.
- Auto mechanic: This is very important news for the many fans of Mike Kastis in this neighborhood. You'll recall his full-service Shell station at Nacogdoches and O'Conner where the new bank stands. He is now open for business at Kastis Automotive, 5330 Cattlemens St.(one short block north on O'Conner right behind Walgreens) 656-4583. He is absolutely the best auto mechanic, and can be trusted to be fair in his pricing.
I am now forgetting buying a new car, because I know Mike can keep my beloved 10 year old PT Cruiser rolling! Please find a prominent spot for this announcement on our website.
Thanks,as always, Gloria Hall
- Auto mechanic:Pan Am Automotive, on Stahl Road near Bell. Phone Jay at 210-655-5555.
I recommend that you try their services. I have enjoyed a good relationship with them for years. 2017 Ed Weitz.
- Air Conditioning: County Wide Service Company
- Bathroom tile: Union Tile
- Caregiver: Available for part-time work now is caregiver Dina Lott,CNA,CMA, Board Certified, Licensed Nursing Assistant and Medication Administer, with 25 years of experience and references. phone (210) 490-1649.
Someone in our aging neighborhood needs this information, so can you find the right space to publish it? I personally vouch for this caregiver; she is presently working for Franklin and Catherine Smith across the street from me, but I have known her for eight or nine years. Thanks, Gloria Hall
- Bright and Healthy Enterprises: Mari L. King is a neighbor and member. A Licensed Clinical Aesthician/Health Coach for over 15 years. Phone 512-850-8916.
Located in Image Makers Salon, 19903 Stone Oak Pkwy, Suite 110. Mention Northern Hills and get a 25% off any one service. Recommended by Ed Weitz, Webmaster mynhha.org.
- Computer repairs: ETM is offering NHHA members a discounted rate along with free pickup and return of computers for in-shop repairs.
Most are completed the same day. Ed fixes what is wrong and employs methods to minimize future problems. Computers are returned running much better.
Ed now offers "Help Desk" services and can share screens with you to fix the problem for you while you watch.
Call Ed Weitz at 822-7700 from Mon thru Fri from 9 am to 4 pm.
Ask Northern Hills HOA board members, Jan Kirby, Clare Coleman, Bonnie Kuykendall and numerous others. ETM provides webmaster services for the NHHA website.
If you have a technical question, email "ed at etmcs.com".
- Computer Services: ETM Computer Services, Ed Weitz, 822-7700, www.etmconsulting.com - "I am happy to vote for ETM Computer Services as a great company to do business with-----everything is fine here."
"After hours on the phone with Time Warner unable to help, Ed was here less than an hour and now all is well". Gloria Hall
- Electrician: Bergheim Eletric, Brian Lawson. I do not recommend this guy. The company business was closed a few years ago yet this guy will ask for half the money up front and likely not complete the work properly.
He is not certified or licensed to do electricical work. May 2017, Ed Weitz
- Emergency Medical Care: TEXAN URGENT CARE, 655-0100, 13909 Nacogdoches Rd Ste 111 www.texanurgentcare.com - "I am happy to say that these caring professionals are great at providing immediate non-life threatening medical care." They followed up more that once to make sure I get the care I needed. One caution is to verify insurance coverage, especially if they draw blood for lab work.
- Emergency Medical Care: BAPTIST EMERGENCY HOSPITAL (EMERUS), 402-4092, 16088 San Pedro Dr
"I am sorry to say I went there alone in severe pain and spent about two hours to get a care provider that didn't seem to care about relieving my pain or finding out what was causing it." The next day I was taken by ambulance to spend 5 days in the hospital to releive a very serious condition. Webmaster
- Emergency Medical Care: ELITE CARE EMERGENCY CENTER at 13402 San Pedro (near Bitters Road). I am happy to say that I received immediate help after I was taken there with severe stomach and back pain. These caring providers ran a blood test and CAT scan that revealed “Acute Pancreatitis”. I was promptly given morphine by IV and immediately transported by ambulance to a hospital where I remained for several days to get control of this very serious condition.
"I strongly encourage anyone to trust these wonderful and talented people to help you when you need help immediately with a non-life threatening problem."
- Floors: Vinyl flooring installation. MIRACLE CARPET CARE, Owner Tim Keyser did not provide a good experience with the new vinyl floor I had installled in November 2011.
His installer was Temo of LIBERTAD CARPETS. The issues included poor workmanship and inadequate supervision. The installer brought his dog into my home. I returned home that evening to find my garage door open. They abandoned my home before noon. The new trim was not even mitered. Ed Weitz, Webmaster.
- Garage Door Services: I strongly recommend you call Irvin at Garage Door Repair Co at 656-1043, Northern Hills Resident with many years experience. Modest pricing and very easy to work with. Webmaster.
- Garage Door: We had my garage doors replace by Overhead Door on Weidner last year at our home on 14335 Bellcrest Drive. We purchased the upgrade version at a total cost of approximately $1,100.00. The company was on time and did very good work. We are very pleased with the results.
Thomas J. Hill
- Handyman services:
Rob Cantu is highly recommended. He helped a neighbor fix their water heater themselves. It cost $20. Other service providers told them to get a new one costing hundreds of dollars.
His number is 210-753-7220. I also appreciate Rob Cantu's honesty and integrity. He has kept my AC clean and efficiently running. His commitment to being a good neighbor is outstanding.
Jen Buchanan from Northern Hills
Sierra Mechanical, David Hamby owner. 14080 Nacogdoches Rd., #106, phone 872-6249.
There is no recording on his phone indicating his name or type business. Many residents like David. He tried to help me with two visits,
but was not able to do any more than finally tell me I needed a new furnace. I was without heat for several days in January 2012 until a
professional Heating and A/C specialist was able solve it with reasonable fee, a $3.00 capacitor and $1 filter that I had already purchased.
Ed Weitz, NHHA Webmaster.
- Health Insurance:Dale Blake, 441-0677 - A very knowledgeable independent agent that made it easy for me to get the best advantage plan to supplement my Medicare insurance. Webmaster.
- Lawn service: Amazing Lawns, 682-5084, Ron's cell 744-4570 - A good service at a reasonable price of $30. They also fertilize, spray for pests, and plant for additional fees. I like their orange tee shirts too.
- Mover:Kevin Tubbs with First Texas at 512-762-6847. He operates from San Antonio Area and points north. He is located in Pfleugerville and has years of experience.
He was the cheapest of 4 estimates. Thanks so much.
- Plumber/City of San Antonio/SAWS: We had to call for help with our sewer line backing up. We replaced the line that was full of tree roots right in front of the house ourselves but the problem was more serious.
ROTO ROOTER responded quickly and put a camera in the line. The serviceman was great. He found the line was crushed under our sidewalk and had the City of San Antonio/SAWS come out and repair the damaged line.
I understand we will be refunded most of the cost of the ROTO ROOTER service. That was $749. I trust that the City of San Antonio will finish repair of the street and replace the sidewalk soon.
- Plumber: We recently had our main water line at 14335 Bellcrest Drive repaired by Paul Kissling who has an advertisement in the NHHA newsleader and is a resident of Northern Hills at 4111 Smokey Bend. Paul did outstanding work, explained everything in complete detail, and his costs are very reasonable. Highly recommend Paul for any plumbing work. Glad to have a very competent plumber as one of our neighbors in NH. Paul’s number is 599-3877.
Thomas J. Hill
- Plumbing: Quarter Moon Plumbing: Finding and repairing leak and general drain cleaning
- Pool Guy: Perfection Pools: Call Shawn Franco at 378-7579 for free estimate. He's my all time favorite, He has maintained my pool for 9 years. He has an old-fashioned work ethic, He is absolutely dependable, owns his own business, is a genius with old pool equipment and is good lookin' too! He even lives in Northern Hills. Cost depends on pool size.
- Remodeling kitchen and dining room: A. Moore Construction Company 210-590-6545, firstname.lastname@example.org, free estimates. - A great construction company recommended by Home Depot.
- Siding and Windows: Southwest Exteriors - Hardiplank siding
- Tree Services: Bartlett Tree Service - certified arborists did great tree trimming work
- Water softener: Kinetico Water Softener - great system, requires no electricity.
Northern Hills values good home service providers. We encourage homeowners and residents to give testamonials
for service provider experiences. Then we can recognize good service and provide incentives for these companies.
We publish the testamonials for this reason. NHHA is not endorsing any of these service providers.
For more information about advertising: Click here